Saturday, October 24, 2009

No Bake Cookies

Today I made no bake cookies. I shouldn't have. I should be in week 4 of "bootcamp". But between Malcolm's birth and getting sick, I took the week off. I should be at work today, but I wasn't feeling well so I am home alone and let my cravings get the best of me and - Today I made no bake cookies.


It didn’t look like very many ingredients; 1 stick of margarine, ½ Cup of sugar, ½ Cup of canned milk… so I doubled it. Of course then I didn’t have enough oatmeal (6 Cups?) so I did some creative add-in’s; coconut, chow mein noodles and butterscotch chips. All in all it went pretty well until I was spooning them out onto the counter and ran out of space… 4 dozen large no bake cookies! I really only needed one. I could have walked to Wal-mart and spent the $2.50 for a store made box. I should have only made one batch. My kitchen looks like someone has started some Christmas baking.


I wonder if they can be frozen.

1 comment:

Timber said...

OH-MY-GOSH! You still write in your blog?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!

How funny!!! I've done that before with sugar cookies! :P

How is bootcamp going otherwise? Y'all need to come out for another visit so we can catch up! We miss you! :D